Monday, November 15, 2010

My favorite Japanese culture

Hi,
my favorite Japanese culture is Oshogatsu.

Do you know Japanese culture?
I like Oshogatsu(お正月) in Japanese culture.
Oshogatsu is a new year Jan.1st-3rd.
Source
In Japan,family get together at house and celebrate to start a new year.

In my family,we go to a shrine and pray for that we will spend safely in the new year.We call Hatsumoude(初詣) to go to shrines in Oshogatsu.
Have you been to shrines?
Japanese often go to there when there are good things and we wish for good.

Now I live alone and in Oshogatsu,I can go to my hometown,so I'm happy to meet my family and my friends.
In this winter,I will go to my hometown so I'm looking forward.
What will you do in Oshogatsu?Please,tell me✿

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rika!

    I would love to try and go to a shrine like those that you talked about - we don't really have those here, so I've never been to one. Oshogatsu sounds really fun! I hope you have a lot of fun when you go home this winter! In the US around New Year's, some people make "new year resolutions". For example, some people might make a resolution to, say, quit smoking, or to lose weight. A lot of people don't follow through with these resolutions, but I know a lot of people who have fun making them. Do you make resolutions like that on New Year's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Kevin!
    Thank you for your comment!

    I also make resolutions on New Year's.
    In Japan,we write our resolutions on paper using brash(?).Do you know 習字(Shougi)?It's Japanese culture writing.
    When we children,we learn to how to write using Brash.It's difficult for me but it's really cool.

    ReplyDelete