Monday, November 15, 2010

Japanese culture!


I like Shogatsu!

Shogatsu is an event that celebrate the new year.


Japanese go to shrine to pray for health of one year.

This is called "Hatsumoude".

And we draw a Omikuji and drink a libation in the shrine.

I like Shogatsu because in shrine open a stall on the street. For example, takoyaki, dango, ikayaki, manju, yakitoumorokosi etc...

When I went to shrine in Shougatsu, I always buy them:)

I 'm looking forward to going shrine next year:D


In Shogatsu we send "Nengajou" to our friends.

Nengajou is New Year's greetings.

I'm happy when it wa send from my friends:)

But recently we send e-mail to our friends as Nengajou.

So I'm little sad ; (


But Shougatu is pleasant event:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Risa,

    All of your new year's celebrations sound fun! When you saw you "draw an Omikuji", what does that mean?

    It is kind of sad that you don't get to send new year's greetings to your friends via letters anymore.. maybe you can agree to still send letters to your friends for this? I bet getting a hand-written letter is more fun than getting an email!

    ReplyDelete