Monday, October 18, 2010

Welcome to my hometown.

Let me introduce my hometown, Hiroshima.
Hiroshima is next to Shimane where I live in.
As you know, Hiroshima is not only a modern, but also historical city.
For example, A-Bomb Dome.
You may not know that the road train runs in the centre of city.
This train has been there before the World Wor Ⅱ.

If you visit Hiroshima, I recommend you ride this one.
It costs so cheap!
Around my house, there are many kind of buildings, a big department, a campus and many okonomiyaki restraunt, and so on.
This is the one. Just 3 years have passed this was built!
There are lots of place where attracts you in Hiroshima.
In this season, you can see the colored leaves on the most mountains.

6 comments:

  1. That's really interesting that you have a train that has been in your hometown since before WWII. We only have one train station in my hometown. It was built in the early 1900's but it doesn't run very often anymore.
    The picture you posted with the changing leaves reminds me of my hometown in the fall. Do you get alot of snow in the winter where you live? Here we've gotten as much as 10 feet of snow before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gack!

    I think that Hiroshima is one of the coolest cities in Japan! It has a lot of history and now I know it has a lot of restaurants! Hiroshima is sounding better and better!!!

    Could you explain to me what an okonomiyaki restaurant is? What type of food do they serve? I'm sorry but I don't think I've ever heard of one. By the way how far is Shimane from Hiroshima?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments!! I'm really happy.

    to Kelsey-
    The train in your town is older than one in my town.Does it look alike?
    I get a little snow in Hiroshima every winter.
    No kidding! You mean over 3 meters snow?!
    If so, you can make a very big snow man, don't you?;^@

    ReplyDelete
  4. to Sean-
    Thank you!I like Hiroshima.
    Yes, Hiroshima has a lot of restaurants.

    So, okonomiyaki is one of the traditional cooking. If I example, it is the big humberger.
    But, the materials are different so far.Its tast and how to make too.
    The materials are:
    Yakisoba,cabbage,egg,thin pork, and so on.
    These are piled up on a hot plate!
    The combo okonomi sauce and mayonnaise is delicious!
    Anyway, I recommend you have it at least once if you visit Hiroshima.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a link to a picture of my hometown's train: station.http://www.flickr.com/photos/photoman82/3484409373/ I hope it works! Our train only runs during bike week and on specific holidays. Most of the station is rented out for office space and small business.
    We do tend to get a lot of snow throughout the winter but luckily it's never all at once. Every winter, my friends and I get together and build a snowman. It's like our little tradition. I really like snow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! It looks so nice!
    I do eather. But I hate rain.

    ReplyDelete