Monday, October 11, 2010

Self introduction in Eng!ishhh



Nice to meet you ! My name is Gaku.

I'm 20. My hometown is Hiroshima ! There is The A-Bumb Dome, one of the world heritage there. Do you know that ?

But, now I live in Shimane, where is next door to Hiroshima.

By the way, one of my hobby is Karaoke! Of course, listening to music is as well.

Though I go to karaoke with friends when we are free, I don't sing well. But, it's very fun!

There are so many karaoke place in my hometown.

And, I like USA. So, I want to be able to speak English well to talk with native fluently.

Lastly, I'm looking forward to the days begin from now on this blog. Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Gaku,

    We actually read about the A-Bomb Dome in our Japanese class last year. It's very interesting to read about - definitely a major chapter in human history which I don't think anyone will forget about anytime soon.

    I don't know a lot of people here who do a lot of karaoke, but I went once two years ago with some friends and co-workers. It was a lot of fun - though I won't talk about my singing...

    Even having spoken English for my entire life, English is a hard language That being said, your English is quite good. How long have you been studying English? Do you find that it's a lot different in Japanese? It's interesting studying Japanese being a native English speaker, because there are a lot of grammatical things that the two languages do differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gaku,

    I've never actually tried doing karaoke. Is it a lot of fun? The closest I've come to is singing in Rockband. All of us are terrible at singing. It's really fun in front of my friends but I don't know if I'd feel comfortable singing in front of a room filled with strangers. Do you do karaoke often? What are your other hobbies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Kevin! Is it morning now on your city, isn't it?
    I'm glad to be knowen the historical building in Hiroshima!
    However, I'm sorry I don't know your town.

    In USA, Karaoke is popular?

    Though I'm really happy that you said my English is good, I don't think so.
    I've been studying for around 7 years.
    I started to learn English when I was junior high school student!How about you, studying Japanese?
    I found two different what I noticed.
    One is- sometime no subject is on sentens in Japanese.On the other hand, it is being needed in English regularly.
    Another is- there are a lot of past forms in English.It was hard for me to learn English.
    Can you understand my explanation? I'm sorry it's difficult to express in English.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Sean! Thank you for your comment.
    Karaoke is so much fun. I can forget time and feel as if I'm a singer in front of friends during karaoke. And it costs so cheap to do karaoke.
    So, it's popular as same as bowling among young Japanese people.

    By the way, my another hobby is Billiards.
    I started it recently.
    Do you do it? If you don't, what is your hobby?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gaku,

    When you posted, I was deep asleep - it was very early in the morning, in fact. Don't worry, I take no offense at you not knowing my town - none of my classmates know where I'm from either, and they're from the same state and country! It really is a very small town.

    I'm not how popular karaoke really is in the United States - I would guess that it's probably not as popular here as it is there. That being said, it's still common enough that most restaurants I go to have a karaoke night at least once a week.

    You're very humble - though I can't say I'm the best judge of English aptitude, I still think your usage is quite skillful, and I'm sure you'll continue to improve. Hopefuly through this blog, I'll improve my Japanese, and you'll get better at English. I've been studying Japanese for a little bit more than 2 years, now. It's difficult, but very interesting - I'm trying my best to learn and remember lots of kanji!

    It really is very interesting to look at the differences between the two languages, isn't it? Your explanation does make sense - compared to the one past form I've learned in Japanese, we have many more forms of past tense in the English language. Even as a native English speaker, I often have a hard time differentiating between them. The difference in subject usage is one of the hardest things I've found in learning Japanese - mainly in reading Japanese sentences. In long sentences or paragraphs, it can be difficult to keep track of subjects which are only implied. How do you keep track?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Gaku!

    I used to play a ton of billiards two years ago. There was a table in my dorm so I could always find someone to play. I used to be able to jump the cue ball over other balls to make a shot. I'm sort of rusty now so I doubt I could still do it. Can you do any trick shots? In America it's often referred to as pool but billiards is also used a great deal as well.

    ReplyDelete