I 'm going to talk about Japanese clothes,Kimono.
There are a lot og kind of Kimono in Japan.
We put Kimono as our formal dress. I will introduse some example.
Kurotomesode(黒留袖)is formal dress for Ms.women and Hurisode(振袖)is formal dress for Mrs women. Houmongi(訪問着)is pre-formal dress. It is put on both Ms and Mrs. We put on them when we celeblate something. I'm going to pot on Hurisode(振袖) on adult's day.Do you have formal dress? When do you put?

Kimono's are very beautiful! I wish in America we had some sort of traditional formal dress that was still worn today. I see, so young girls wear Kurotomesode and adult females wear Hurisode. Roughly, at what age does a girl start wearing Hurisode? What are the difference in styles between Kurotomesode, Hurisode, and Houmongi? We have formal dresses but they range in various levels of formality. The type of clothes you wear depends on the situation. For example, the last year of High School there is a huge dance called Prom where girl will wear very fancy dresses. But, there aren't many occasions after this wear you would wear such a dress. But at a ceremony you would wear something nice, but not over the top. I hope that makes sense.
ReplyDeleteHi,Emily
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear you like green tea. And we hardly wear kimono.We wear kimono only festival.
I made a mistake young girl wear Hurisode and adult girl wear Kurotomesode. exactly,Hurisode is the most formal dress for unmarried women and Kurotomesode is the most formal dress for married women. we wear Hurisode in adult day. If you are already married,most of women wear Hurisode in adult day. After that we can wear Hurisode in our friends wedding party if you aren't married.I will Hurisode in adult day.I'm so excitid. while parens of bride and bridegroom usually wear Kurotomesode.
wear Kurotomesode.
difference of Hurisode and Kurotomesode is sleeve length. sleeve of Hurisode is very long because it is said it call boys so sleeve of Kurottomesode is short because married women wear it.
Hurisode and Kurotomesode is very formal dress.
we usually wear Houmongi for tea ceremony party and friends wedding party.I wanat to see Prom.
This semester will end.I want to keep contact.
Do you have facebook?if you have could you tell me?
That kimono is very beautiful. We sometimes where formal dress to balls or a gala. It is usually a fancy dance where people do old fashion dances like the Waltz and tango. It is a lot of fun to get dressed and do something different than normal. Is the Houmongi what you wear underneath the Kurotomesode and Hurisode?
ReplyDeleteHi、Becky
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that.
We don't wear Houmongi undermeath the Kurotomesode and Hurisode.
We wear them different chance.
Kurotomesode and Hurisode is the most formal Kimono for women.
Kurotomesode is weared by women who is already married.
Hurisode is weared by women who is unmarried.
Usually,We wear Hurisode in adult day when we are twentieth. after that,we can wear it if we aren't married.
Usually,parents of bride and bridegroom wear Kurotomesode at their wedding party.
Difference of Hurisode and Kurotomesode is length of sleeves. Hurisode's sleeve is long and Kurotomesode's sleevevs is short because the sleeves call boy.
Hurisode and Kurotomesode is very formal kumono so we usually wear Houmongi for tea celemony party,wedding party of friends and so on.
Mrs and Ms women can wear Houmongi.