
Look at this picture! Do you know him? He was called 'God of Manga' in Japan. His name is Osamu Tezuka.
Tezuka Osamu
I'm going to introduce about Japanese comic and animation. He made a lot of work for example, Astroboy or Blackjack, Jungle Emperor Leo. Astroboy is the first series of animation in Japan. He raised several revolutions in manga world. After so many years, his work still is loved by many people.
Now, Japanese comic and animation became famous in even other countries. WEEKLY JUMP is very popular comic magazine in Japan. That is also published in some other countries and some popular Japanese comic such as Dragon Ball, One Piece and NARUTO are translated. The biggest circulation is 653 million copies and that was recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Studio Ghibli is representative animation company of Japan. I really like Princess Mononoke. I think that Mononoke Hime is the best production of a lot. Spilited Away has won some prize!! In this summer, Studio Ghibli released new work, The Borrower Arrietty based on the fantasy novel The Borrowers by Mary Norton. Unfortunately, I don't watch this movie yet. Songs that is used in movies is really nice too. The history of comic and animation is still short, but this culture is part of our everyday life!!
Now, Japanese comic and animation became famous in even other countries. WEEKLY JUMP is very popular comic magazine in Japan. That is also published in some other countries and some popular Japanese comic such as Dragon Ball, One Piece and NARUTO are translated. The biggest circulation is 653 million copies and that was recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Studio Ghibli is representative animation company of Japan. I really like Princess Mononoke. I think that Mononoke Hime is the best production of a lot. Spilited Away has won some prize!! In this summer, Studio Ghibli released new work, The Borrower Arrietty based on the fantasy novel The Borrowers by Mary Norton. Unfortunately, I don't watch this movie yet. Songs that is used in movies is really nice too. The history of comic and animation is still short, but this culture is part of our everyday life!!Tezuka Osamu
When I was younger I used to subcribe to "shounen jump" which is a monthly distribution of many manga series along the lines of WEEKLY JUMP. I used to really enjoy reading them. Do you have a favorite manga?
ReplyDeleteI also really like Studio Ghibli and own many of their movies. Princess Mononoke is my favorite too. I've seen it many times! I've read about "The Borrower Arriety" and I can't wait until it comes to the U.S.
I know Weekly Jump! My brother used to get Shounen Jump when he was younger which had a lot of the manga series from Weekly Jump. I didn't really read it, but I know many of the series from it. Although, I have a Nintendo DS video game where you can play as many of the Weekly Jump characters.
ReplyDeleteI also like Studio Ghibli. My Neighbor Totoro is probably my favorite of their movies. Have you ever heard of Gainax? They're my favorite animation studio.
I have a lot of maga. I love Dragon Ball!! I use to read comics and watch the animation. My brother also like to read comic. So,There are many comic books such as One Piece and NARUTO in my hometown. I dot't have, but SLAM DUNK is also very nice story.
ReplyDeleteI've seen movies of Studio Ghibli since when I was a child. I'm really happy to hear that Studio Ghibli is also loved in another country!!
Hello, Chris Champoux!! Gainax is really popular company. Neon Genesis EVANGELION became a social phenomenon in Japan. Everyone still are talking about that now. Do you know Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? That is really exciting animation. If you can watch, why don't you try them!!
ReplyDelete