We have a lot of culture which is different from American culture and I would like to introduce Japanese temples and castles. I like visiting old temples ,shrines, houses and so on. They make me relax because they don't have connection with our daily life so they let me forget our stress. Especially I like Kyoto for visiting temples and shrines. I've visited there for some times because my grandmother lives in Hyogo which is the prefecture next to Kyoto. Maybe Kyoto is famous in foreign countries. My favorite temple is Kiyomizu-temple. It was built on the hill and it has big stage. The view from that stage is very beautiful.And in this spring, I went Itsukushima-shrine with my family.
It's in Hiroshima prefecture which is next to Shimane. It was my first time to visit there. It was very nice and beautiful. The torii(it's like a gate for the shrine) is in the sea and when the tide goes out, we can see different beautiful landscape. We can touch the torii then. And there are deers! They are so cute. We can touch them. But we must not kill them because it is said that they are the messenger of god.
It's in Hiroshima prefecture which is next to Shimane. It was my first time to visit there. It was very nice and beautiful. The torii(it's like a gate for the shrine) is in the sea and when the tide goes out, we can see different beautiful landscape. We can touch the torii then. And there are deers! They are so cute. We can touch them. But we must not kill them because it is said that they are the messenger of god.
Hey Yuki!!!
ReplyDeleteThose temples look amazing!!! I really wish we had some old temples here in America. Is that temple on the bottom of the first picture the Kiyomizu temple? I think I've heard that there is some Japanese saying about jumping off the temple. Do you know what this Japanese saying is?
Thank you for comment.
ReplyDeleteIt's Kyomizu temple. And the saying, junping off Kiyomizu temple shows the mind when we decide something very important.