Monday, October 11, 2010

Nice to meet you!!

Hello!!
My name is Risa.
I'm 19.
I'm a student of University of Shimane.
I'm interested in foreign languages and foreign cultures.
I'm studying English and Korean now.

My hobby is watching movies and shopping.
I like Japanese movies but I like foreign movies too.

See you!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Risa!

    You're studying Korean? I've always wanted to study Korean, it seems like a really interesting language. I think I'm going to try to learn Korean after I learn Japanese. Is Korean fun?

    Do you have any favorite foreign movies? I haven't seen a lot of Japanese movies, just some more famous ones. I've seen a few Akira Kurosawa movies - Seven Samurai and Yojinbo, but I haven't seen many besides those. Are there any Japanese movies you could recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Risa!

    You're learning two languages at once!? You must be really dedicated to learning foreign languages. Are you double majoring in English and Korean at Shimane? Do you ever confuse words between the two languages? I sometimes think of Spanish words when I'm trying to think of Japanese ones. It was really annoying but now I'm purely focusing on learning Japanese.

    Also please recommend some great Japanese movies. I would love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kevin,

    Thank you for your comment! Korean is very fun!!
    Korean looks like a Japanese grammer.So it is easy to learn.Is Japanese fun?
    This summer vacation,I went to South Korea to study Korean and Korean culture for one month.It was very fun!!I came to lik South Korea.Have you been to South Korea?

    My favorite foreign movies are "Armageddon" and "Harry Potter" etc... Armageddon was very impressed.Harry Potter was very excited! I'm looking forward to the latest work. Recently,I often watch Korean movies to study Korean. Korean movies is very fun!! Please tell me your favorite movies.
    I like love story in Japanese movies. "Koizora" is very nice! "Tadakimiwoaisiteru" is very nice,too! Aoi Miyazaki is very cute! Please watch Japanese movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sean,

    Thank you for your comment! I learn Korean as the second language. I have English class and Korean class in the same. So I confuse English and Korean. But there is no problem. Becouse I cann't acquire two languages, I study hard to acquire it!

    My favorite Japanese movies are "Koizora" and "Nodame kannta-bire" and "Umizaru" etc...
    All are love story and impressed!! I like love story. Do you watch Japanese movies? Please tell me your favotite movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Risa,

    Japanese is quite a lot of fun! I had worked on learning Spanish in high school, but I was interested in learning a language that doesn't share the same alphabet as ours - which is ultimately why I started studying Japanese. Understanding how languages are derived by culture, and how different languages truly are is very interesting! Unfortunately, I haven't been to South Korea - in fact, I've not yet been out of the United States! Hopefully, in the next few years I can change that.

    I will do my best to watch more Japanese movies I have a friend who watches a fair amount of Japanese movies, so hopefully between both of your recommendations I can find some good ones. If you liked the Harry Potter movies, perhaps you could try the Lord of the Rings movies (starting with Fellowship of the Ring)? Those were some of the best movies I've seen in recent years. I will do my best to think of some more recommendations for you! Do you have any good Korean movie recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Risa,

    I haven't seen many Japanese movies. The only recently made Japanese movies I've seen are Returner(リターナー) and One Missed Call(着信アリ). I'll definitely try out the ones you sent me though!

    It's difficult for me to say what my favorite movies are. The last movie I saw that I thought was really good was Inception. I saw it over the summer and loved it. It has a very confusing storyline but it is also very fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete